Posted August 30th, 2022
Arts Nova Scotia has created a new Artists in Communities program that will support organizations, groups, and individuals to develop and carry out community-based arts projects.
The intention of the program is to:
- Support community-based and socially engaged arts practices
- Approach community arts through an artist-driven lens
- Foster partnerships and collaborations between artists and non-arts organizations
- Strengthen relationships between artists and community
- Support emerging ideas and ground-breaking initiatives in this area of practice
The total annual budget for this program is $200,000. November 1 is the deadline for the 2022/2023 fiscal year. Two deadlines will be announced at a later date for the 2023/2024 fiscal year.
In the inaugural year of the program, Arts Nova Scotia will collaborate with successful applicants to document their projects. We will also host a gathering to exchange learnings and discuss how the program can respond to new challenges and community needs. This feedback will inform how the program can further evolve to serve the artists and community.
Visit the program page for detailed guidelines and application instructions.
We will be hosting an online Artists in Communities information session about program guidelines and putting together your application on Tuesday, October 4 from 7PM - 8PM on Microsoft Teams.
Questions about the Artists in Communities program? Contact Lauren Williams, Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 471-5720.