Posted June 10th, 2021
Artistic and Event Management Team for Creative Nova Scotia Awards Gala (November 2021)
Deadline: June 30, 2021
Arts Nova Scotia and the Creative Nova Scotia Leadership Council are seeking proposals from an Artistic and Event Producer to coordinate the production of the 2021 Creative NS Gala programming and event delivery. The final concept and content of the event (including artists/performers) will be determined by the Artistic/Management Team in consultation with Arts Nova Scotia.
About the Gala
Presented by Arts Nova Scotia and the Creative Nova Scotia Leadership Council, the Creative Nova Scotia Awards Gala (the Gala) is an annual event that celebrates excellence in artistic achievement, notably in the announcements of two major awards, the Portia White Prize and the Lieutenant Governor's Masterworks Award. Winners of the Prix Grand Pré, the Established Artist, Emerging Artist, the Black Artist Recognition and Indigenous Artist Recognition Awards and the Creative Community Impact Award are also honoured. Collectively, the awards are worth $100,000.
The Artistic and Event Producer is responsible for planning and carrying out all aspects of the awards ceremony and evening celebration with approval from Arts Nova Scotia.
- Develop and execute artistic vision/concept for the Gala. Select artists who are innovative, relevant, diverse and reflective of different artistic disciplines and regions.
- Showcase award winners.
- Event direction: Select an emcee(s), write event script, direct and coordinate all aspects of performances, awards presentation and other content.
- Hire all support staff and contract services as necessary.
- Manage and pay out all expenses within a predefined budget.
- Engage a graphic designer to design a brand identity specific to the 2021 Awards Gala. They will also create an online awards program.
- Develop a strategy for online/media promotion of the event
- Develop an event and logistics plan.
- Coordinate with event partners
- Secure event facility/location/studio for the production
The 2021 Creative NS Gala must adhere to NS public health guidelines. Therefore, the proposal should assume that the event will be broadcast via digital livestream with the potential for a small audience. The total budget for the event including fees is $77,000.
How to Apply
Send your proposal to Briony Carros, Director, Art Nova Scotia, at Briony.Carros@novascotia.ca by 5PM on June 30, 2021. The proposal should include:
- Artistic Concept/Vision – List of possible artists/performers/collaborators (1 page)
- Plan for digital livestream
- Live/recorded elements
- How to highlight award winners
- List of key team members and brief bios
- Description of previous producer and management experience (incl. scriptwriting, collaboration with artists, technical/stage management, and budget management)
Shortlisted teams will be invited for an interview to make the final selection.
Once the producer team is selected, they will be asked to:
- Submit budget (using past templates)
- Submit finalised artistic vision
- Develop a communication/marketing plan for both the event and awards
For questions please contact: Briony Carros, Director of Arts Nova Scotia at email@example.com or (902) 240-8278