Presented annually at the Creative Nova Scotia Awards Gala, the Creative Community Impact Award recognizes an organization or program that has made a positive impact on a community through arts and culture. Funded from the Nova Scotia Arts Endowment Fund the award carries a cash value of $10,000.
Arts Nova Scotia and the Creative Nova Scotia Leadership Council recognize that artistic and cultural expression are fundamental to the collective well-being of Nova Scotians. Programs that encourage artistic and cultural development help to build creative communities that foster innovation, generate social change, and nurture cultural diversity. The Creative Community Impact Award recognizes an organization or program that has made a positive impact on a community through arts and culture. Funded from the Nova Scotia Arts Endowment Fund, the award carries a cash value of $10,000.
The purpose of the Creative Community Impact Award is to promote arts and culture in Nova Scotian communities by recognizing excellence and initiative in bringing arts and culture into community life.
The award recognizes a demonstrated history of community engagement with art and culture by an organization or program. It also provides a financial investment intended to enhance future arts and culture activities and to encourage further engagement.
- must be a Nova Scotia-based non-profit arts and culture organization or an arts and culture program within a non-profit organization that has been operating for four years or more; a municipality; or a Nova Scotian Mi’kmaq Band Council.
- must have proven a history of community engagement with arts and culture
- may only receive this award once
- may nominate themselves
The following must be included in all nominations:
- A completed application form.
- A brief overview of the organization, community or program (1-page max.)
- A nominator’s statement, which answers the following questions:
- How does the organization/program engage community through arts and culture? (1-page max.)
- Describe and define the community (communities) that the organization/program serves? (1-page max.)
- How does the organization/program support positive social impact in their community? Please provide examples. (1-page max.)
- Two letters of support
- Supporting documentation
Supporting Documentation Technical Requirements
Nominators may include documentation that shows the suitability of the nominee for the award. Supporting documentation must adhere to the following:
|Maximum # Submitted||Maximum Length/File Size||Accepted Formats|
|Audio||3 samples||15 minutes for all material||.cda, .mp3, .m4a and .m4|
|Video||3 samples||15 minutes for all material||dvd format, .mp4, .mov, .mpg|
|Still Images||10 images||2MB each||.jpg, .tiff, .tif, .png|
Applications will be assessed by a panel comprised of artists and cultural workers and reflective of Nova Scotia’s cultural diversity.
Applications will be assessed based on the following factors:
- Openness and accessibility.
- Excellence and innovation.
- Social benefit.
- Commitment to their community and contribution to its well-being.
- If a deadline falls on a statutory holiday or weekend, the deadline will be extended until the next working day
- Arts Nova Scotia does not accept faxed, late, or incomplete applications; or elements of applications
- Always contact the program officer with enough notice prior to a deadline to ask any questions about the application process
Email Your Application
Before Sending Your Email
- Include your name on all files
- Number your files in the order they should be opened
- Ensure your page limits and file sizes are in line with the program guidelines
- Upload large audio and video files to a streaming service such as YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud
- Address your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send one application per email
- Subject line should be: “Nominee - Creative Community Impact Award”
- Keep attachments under 25MB
- Do not attach large audio or video files; include a streaming link in the body of the email
- Do not duplicate your application; do not send an additional hard copy
Only submissions will be accepted to this email address. Please direct all questions to the program officer.
If you are unable to submit by email please contact the program officer.